Project Islamic H.O.P.E. continues to be at the forefront of the grassroots Movement in Los Angeles,and other parts of the country by providing advocacy and effective community organizing concerning various community issues.
Project Islamic H.O.P.E. continued to be at the forefront of the grassroots Movement in Los Angeles, by providing advocacy and effective community organizing concerning various community issues.
Some of Our Accomplishments and Campaigns:
- In 2005 Najee Ali, executive Director of Project Islamic H.O.P.E. was selected by Wave Publications as one of the 25 most influential Black leaders In Los Angeles, Ca .
- Ali, was selected by Our Weekly Newspaper as their 2005 Newsmaker of the year and also selected by L.A. Alternative Newspaper as one of the top 10 people who changed L.A. in 2005.
- Najee Ali, went to Texas and Louisiana for a week to help bring food, supplies, and Hope to victims of Hurricane Katrina.
- Najee Ali, executive Director of Project Islamic H.O.P.E. coordinated the march for peace and served as the lead advocate and spokesperson for the Family of Deliesh Roberts Allen the 16 year old Locke H.S.student who was shot to death by a gang member as she was leaving school.
- Project Islamic H.O.P.E. organized and lead the protests for the removal and relocation of over 70 sex offenders who were living in a sober living house in a residential neighborhood near schools and parks where children play.
- Project Islamic H.O.P.E was at the forefront in fighting police abuse and organized protests and spoke out for justice in the flashlight L.A.P.D. beating of Stanley Miller, and the shooting deaths of 19 month Susie Pena by the L.A.P.D.
- Najee Ali,Led a protest and was arrested outside the Mexican consulate for protesting a racist Mexican stamp. The Mexican Government then withdrew the stamp.
- Project Islamic H.O.P.E. Led the successful movement to have blacks hired at Downtown Buffet restaurant in the Crenshaw Mall,
- Project Islamic H.O.P.E. Sponsored and Led prayer vigils which Mayor Villaraigosa, attended at Jefferson H.S, in response to racial fights between students.
- Project Islamic H.O.P.E. Created the Latino and African American Leadership Alliance with Rev Sharpton, and Christine Chavez, to help ease tensions between both ethnic groups.
- Project Islamic H.O.P.E. holds Peace assembly for students at Jefferson H. S. Guest speakers Rev Sharpton and Christine Chavez, and Najee Ali.
- Project Islamic H.O.P.E. Pressured Paramount Pictures to remove the violent and offensive” Get Rich or Die Tryin” bill board campaign which featured gangster rapper 50 cent from South LA. neighborhoods and nationally.
- Project Islamic H.O.P.E. organized candle light vigils and tributes for Luther Vandross, Johnnie Cochran, Rosa Parks, and Richard Pryor In Leimert Park.
- Najee Ali was the Community advocate, peace keeper, and spokesperson for the family’s of the two unarmed black men who were shot to death in South Central L.A. by a store owner.